If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've played around with various rubs and the combination of ancho and espresso I love. —Dono
Serves 1 (or more if you want to share)
- 1 tablespoon Ancho powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso ground coffee
- .5 teaspoons onion powder
- .5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- .25 teaspoons dried thyme
- .5 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika (if using smoked, reduce to .5 tsp)
- .5 teaspoons cumin
- .5 teaspoons Chimayo red chili powder - substitute cayenne, reduce to .25 tsp
- Mix all ingredients
- Remove membrane from the St. Louis style ribs
- Generously salt ribs with the amount of salt you would normally put on a finished product. Let stand 10 minutes. This will draw moisture to the surface.
- Apply rub all over ribs....(use gloves or your hands may be stained).
- For best results smoke at 275 for 3 hours, wrap in foil for 1 hour, remove from foil for 30 minutes or till done. Alternatively, cook indirect on a grill. Brush with a very light layer of your favorite BBQ, as an alternative, mix 1 C Catsup with .5 c vinegar, 1 TBS W. sauce, .25 C Brown Sugar and 1 TBS of this rub, simmer till thickened, (about 10 minutes)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.