If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the few indulgences that my husband I would have was a carton of Starbucks mocha chip ice cream. But then my husband entered grad school and there were little if any indulgences with our salaries. So I improvised and created my own mocha ice cream for a few less dollars. And we've never purchased a Starbucks carton since. - The Constant Gardener
Makes 1 quart
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 Tablesoon
- 2 tablespoons Ground espresso or dark coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1-4 ounce Dark Chocolate bar (Ghirardelli or better)
- Place cream, 1/2 and 1/2, milk and egg yolks in saucepan on medium low.
- Measure sugar, espresso, baking powder and pour in saucepan with milk. Whisk continually until all of sugar has dissolved and eggs are well incorporated.
- Once milk mixture is done, add vanilla and remove from heat. Place in ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions.
- While ice cream is being made, chop dark chocolate into bite size pieces. When ice cream is almost complete add chocolate to ice cream mix. Mix chocolate in.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee