If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Came up with this cookie when I was getting ready to make cookies with my 9 year old for the first time. He says they are the "Best ever cookie". As for variations I would suggest adding coco powder to make it even more chocolaty, and sugar substitutes are great tasting in this as that is how I originally made it. —acquiredtaste
Serves 24 medium small cookies
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups All Purpose Whole Wheat flour
- 1 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Hazelnut Chocolate (Nuetella)
- 1 cup Light Cream Cheese
- Have a medium sized bowl pouring in the flour, baking soda, and whisk together till combined.
- Put the butter and sugar into a big bowl and cream together until the mix is fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula to get the sugary butter all into the middle.
- Crack one egg at a time into the bowl and mix well before adding the next. After both eggs have made it into the mixture add in the vanilla extract, hazelnut chocolate, and cream cheese. Mix again till smooth.
- Pour half of the flour/baking soda mix into the big bowl and mix till just incorporated (about 30 seconds tops), then add in the rest and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and fold to evenly distribute through the dough. Cover bowl and set in fridge for at least 2 - 3 hours before baking.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls then press them down to make flat round cookies. Bake 10-12 minutes or until when you touch them they are slightly crisp on top but not super soft in the middle. Make sure to turn the pan half way through baking time to get them cooked evenly. Let cool about 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie
Life's a beach
Life's a beach.
Food blog links we love.
It's time to travel.
The truth about salt swaps.
Put cake on a pedestal.