If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 pound unripe mangoes
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 cup Garlic
- 5 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp asafoetida powder
- ¼ cup salt
- Wash mangoes and dry thoroughly. Cut into 8 to 12 pieces each and discard seeds
- Heat oil in a pan till smoking. Lower heat, sprinkle in spice powders and salt, and mix well.
- Add mangoes, and garlic mix well and remove from heat.
- Cool and place in an airtight jar in the sun for 4 days
- Use after a month
- Variation: Rub mangoes with half the salt and place in the sun for 3 days. Continue as the given above.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe