If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dessert is inspired by one of Martha Rose Shulman's "recipes for health" in the New York Times. I love dessert, and am always looking for ways to feed myself and my boyfriend delicious treats that are also nutritious. While it should be enjoyed in moderation (it's STILL dessert!), I love that it includes beautiful fruit, eggs, and minimal butter and sugar. Plus, this simple, easy to make dessert always looks stunning for guests. - nadiact
Makes 1 clafoutis
- 4 large black plums
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons raw turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw turbinado sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk (1-2%)
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 10 inch baking dish, set aside. combine 1/2 cup milk and the tablespoon of lemon juice, set aside. 2. pit and slice the plums into 16ths. toss with the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- pit and slice the plums into 16ths. toss with the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- heat the butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. add the plums and cook, stirring, until they begin to look translucent, about 5 minutes. add the 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. stir together until the plums have softened slightly and begun to caramelize, 6-8 minutes. remove from the heat, and transfer to the baking dish.
- in a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the vanilla extract. add the sugar and salt, and whisk together. slowly beat in the flour, then add the yogurt and milk. whisk until thoroughly blended. pour over the plums in the baking dish.
- place in the oven, and bake 35 to 40 minutes until the top is browned and the clafoutis is firm and puffed. check by pressing lightly on the middle. Remove from the oven and cool before serving