If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Usually when I get a recipe I don’t have any trouble to follow it and the result most of the time is very good, but this wasn’t the case with Buche de Noel.
The Biscuit sheet for the cake cams out beautiful, but when I spread the filling and try to role, it brakes. I tasted a few different recipes, result was the same. That is why I decided to make over my Ricotta Cold no-bake Cake to a Buche de Noel and it is as pretty and tasty as the original
- • 16 ounces Mascarpone cheese room temperature
- • 1 stick butter room temperature
- • 1 cup superfine sugar
- • 1 tablespoon Instant Espresso powder
- • 2 teaspoons Coffee liquor (Kahlua or Godiva)
- • Zest of 1 orange
- • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- • 1/2 cup • Candied orange peel
- • 18 graham crackers
- • 1 cup freshly brewed and chilled coffee
- • 1 cup • Mocha glaze (Ganache)
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar, add Mascarpone and continue creaming until very smooth and fluffy. Evenly divide the mixture in two portions. In one portion add orange zest, juice, and candied orange peel (diced small). To the second portion add Instant Espresso powder, Coffee liquor and steer the mixture until very smooth.
- Assemble the cake: Cover a large cutting board with parchment paper. Dip each graham cracker in chilled coffee and lay them out in a layer of 3 in width by 6 in length. Spread evenly the first mixture (with orange zest, juice, and candied orange peel), all over the cracker layer. Cover with another layer of graham crackers dipped in chilled coffee. Spread evenly the second mixture (Instant Espresso powder, Coffee liquor).
- Using the parchment paper gather two longer sides of the cake not touching the middle. It should look like a triangle shape log. Transfer the cake on the cutting board to the refrigerator for a few hours until it hardened.
- Make the Mocha Ganache: Bring to a simmer ½ cup of strong freshly brewed coffee. Strain thru a fine sift and pour over 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (chopped), mix until smooth and shiny. Steer in 3 tablespoons of cold butter. Completely cover the cake. Keep the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.