If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: so I am trying to lose some wieght and trying to do so with a sane approach. I LOVE to eat and cook so the weeklly challenge is getting more interesting to me as I try to make yummy recipies that won't be too high in calories and be made with whole foods to the best I can do. Enter Coffee...which as you all do, I LOVE! hmmm a great cup of crema and a shot of heavy cream, nothin better in the morning. all that to say I tried my hand at a dessert that I could enjoy, guilt free and even choose over ice cream. I think I have, I think I have! Enjoy, guilt free of course, just 250 calories per bowl! —Penelope
yogurt "ice cream"
- 1 cup greek yogurt plain, I used the greek gods
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder or instant coffee, decaf
- 1 large orange, zest, fruit and juice
- 4 tablespoons honey bourbon
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- mix yogurt and espresso together in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and freeze 1 hour, stir, freeze 1/2 hour, stir, freeze 1/2 hour
- zest orange, cut off rind, do not peel, you want to cut off all the pith and skin, then cut out fruit from between skin sections. squeeze rest of fruit to get out all the juices, add boubon to juice and fruit.
- 15 minutes before yogurt is ready, put zest and juice/bourbon (not thefruit) in a sauce pan with sugar and water.stir till sugar is mostly desolved and heat over medium heat, do not stir again. 5 minutes
- add remaining fruit to sauce and continue to cook, it may be a low boil, until sauce thickens to a caramel consistancy.
- stir yogurt one last time and scoop into 2 small bowls, pour sauce over and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Let's Talk Valley
The Hudson Valley that is—here's where to go
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Get your shine on.