Author Notes: My husband loves coffee and cheesecake. For his birthday I did some research and found different cheesecake recipes and created this one. I have made it multiple times and it has been a success each time! You can add as many chocolate chips as you want to the cheesecake or even the crust. If you aren't able to find ladyfingers at the grocery store, try a bakery. - BrittanyWatson
- 7 ounces ladyfingers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1.5 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1.5 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Marscapone cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Position a rack to the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Place a pan of water on the bottom shelf of the oven. (This helps prevent the cheesecake from cracking when it bakes).
- Using a food processor, grind the ladyfingers into fine crumbs. Add a hand full of chocolate chips and grind with the ladyfingers. Add the melted butter and the espresso and pulse until blended.
- Transfer the ladyfinger mixture to a springform pan. Press to form a crust halfway up the sides of the pan. Bake until it is set, about 8 to 10 minutes then let it cool. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees.
- While the ladyfinger crust is baking, use an electric blender to beat the cream cheese on high until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Slowly mix in the sugar at high speed until smooth. Add the mascarpone, vanilla extract and salt. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one is added. Add in 3/4-1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the ladyfinger crust. Bake at 325 degrees until the top is golden brown and the center is set but still moves slightly, about 1 hour. Let cool for about 15 minutes then cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan. In a small microwave safe bowl melt the remaining chocolate chips (about 3/4 cup) plus the cooking oil. Transfer the melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag and snip a corner of the bag. Drizzle the chocolate over the cheesecake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Tags: serves a crowd