If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently made a recipe that used Nutella, a trademarked hazelnut spread that is very popular. I did some research and found that making this enhanced nut butter is very easy. Using the guidelines of blogger SuGoodSweets I made my own. The result is every bit as tasty as the commercial product, easy to make and best of all you can use a lot less sugar than the "other stuff, which names sugar as its' number one ingredient. - dymnyno
Serves makes 2 cups
- 2 cups of raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- about 1/4 cup hazelnut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Roast the hazelnuts on a baking pan in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Shake a bit after about 10 minutes.
- Using a tea towel or paper towels, rub as much of the skins off as you can. This is the hardest part of the recipe, but don't worry if you don't get them all off. (however, they are the bitter part of the nut)
- Process until they become a paste...hazelnut butter.
- Add the sugar, cocoa, and vanilla.
- Add enough oil by drizzling slowly into the processor until it becomes the right consistency.
- Taste. If you want an ultra sweet spread, add more sugar.