If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tasty, healthy and easy dish is adapted from my favorite Italian cookbook (If anyone has connections to Gambero Rosso: La Cucina di Casa in English = $). I use the canned chickpeas as a short cut and chicken broth instead of water for a slightly deeper taste. But water will work too. It will taste better if you make the chickpeas yourself, but this aims at quick. - fisheri —fisheri
Food52 Review: Fisheri's pasta dish really lives up to its name; it is a perfect dish for a weeknight and feels pretty fancy, despite being so easy to make. Cooking the pasta in the sauce is a great idea, as it made the sauce a bit creamy and thick. The combination of squid, sage, and garlic makes for a delicious sauce -- I could eat just the sauce and be very happy. Next time I make this, I may try adding a bit of chorizo. This is a weeknight recipe that I'll definitely be making again. - VanessaS —VanessaS
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 pound cut and cleaned squid, tentacles in the mix
- Roughly 14 ounces pureed or chopped tomatoes (half a 28 ounce can)
- Half a box of small pasta, like farfalle
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Half a glass white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 leave sage
- 3-4 cups light chicken stock
- Add oil and diced garlic to pan on medium heat. Sautee for three minutes or so. Add squid and sage at slightly higher heat.
- Sautee about six minutes total, stirring squid to cook evenly. Add a pinch or two of good salt.
- Turn up heat and add white wine. Simmer till it is almost dry.
- Turn down heat, add tomatoes and simmer covered, slowly, for 30 to 45 minutes, till squid is tender.
- Add chick peas and enough stock to cook the pasta. Once boiling, add pasta, cook till al dente. Check for salt. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and black pepper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.