If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 8 - 12
- 1 bottle of cheap Sauvignon blanc
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 1 - 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 familly sized bag of mixed vegetables, frozen
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons Crisco
- 1.5 pounds chicken meat, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 4.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons dill weed
- 1.5 teaspoons savory
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can Campbell's CCream of Chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Pot Pie Stuff: Saute the onion, garlic, and chicken in 2 tbsp butter and 4 tbsp oil. When the onions clarify and the chicken browns, lightly cover everything in the pot with 1/4 cup of flour. Stir well and immediately add enough wine to cover. Stir well.
- Pot Pie Stuff: Add the bag of frozen vegetables and continue stirring. Add 2 cups of milk, the soup, 2 tbsp dill and 3/4 tsp of savory. If the mix is still gloppy, add a little more wine or milk until less so. Bring to a boil, then set on low heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Biscuit Crust: Sift 4 cups of flour into a large mixing bowl. Toss in sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in the Crisco, 6 tbsp butter, and cheese with a ricer. Add remaining 2 tbsp dill and continue cutting until dough resembles rice.
- Biscuit Crust: Add remaining 1 cup of milk; continue cutting dough until all the liquid is incorporated. Knead into a tight, lightly-damp ball.
- Bringing it Together: Pour the chicken pot pie stuff into a 12" round casserole dish. Pinch off 1" round pieces of dough, roll them in the palm of your hand, and squeeze into a disc. Starting at the edge and proceeding until you reach the middle, place the biscuit discs on the chicken.
- Bringing it Together: Dot the crust with butter or brush on an egg-wash: 2 egg yolks, a splash of milk & 2 splashes of wine, beaten well.
- Bringing it Together: Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until the biscuits are golden-brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Take Some Time For Yourself
Indulge in a luxe dinner tonight.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Grilled Brie Sandwiches
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Dumplings, No Recipe Required