If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked apples filled with custard cream, beautifully decorated with pastry and caramel - SandeeA
- 4 apples
- 100 milliliters water to cook the apples
- 200 milliliters water to soak the raisins
- 50 gr raisins
- 50 nuts
- 4 tablespoons prepared custard cream or creme patissiere
- 2 packets puff pastry
- 150 gr sugar
- Bake the apples. To do this wash them carefully, core them, put in a dish suitable for oven, with half a glass of water, and cook at 180Cº for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. Hydrate the raisins in some water for an hour. Then drain them. Prepare your favorite custard or creme pattisiere recipe, and take 4 tablespoons. Mix custard with raisins and nuts
- Once the apples are baked, pour into the middle/core of each apple 1 tablespoon of the raisin filling we’ve prepared previously
- Prepare the pastry prison. Use a grid cutter or sharp knife to create a grid or pattern on the pastry sheets. Take some parchment paper and wad a bunch of it up into a large ball, about the size of your apple
- Cut the pastry into 4 pieces, and then wrap each piece around the paper balls. See step-by-step images on the related blog link. Place on a baking sheet
- Bake the pastry for 15 minutes at 200 º C. If dough is too thin to use the cutter and gives you problems, you can knead it and stretch the width you wish
- After baking the grids, carefully remove the baking paper ball from inside
- Prepare the caramel, just putting sugar in a nonstick pan over medium heat, and heating it until it becomes liquid and gets dark
- Once the pastry grids are baked, use a pastry brush to spread hot caramel over them, being careful not to get burned. Let the caramelised grids dry
- To serve, put an apple (already filled) on a dish and cover with the pastry grid
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls