Author Notes: Cooking has always been a passion of mine, and I am always seeking out recipes from various cultures to keep things interesting and flavorful. But, one evening I was at a loss and wanted something quick, easy, delicious and healthy!
I grabbed the shrimp and scallops, not sure what I would do with them, and found the gigantic jar of gorgeous, marinated artichoke hearts calling my name ~ and the recipe was born.
This dish is a simple, healthy, four ingredient creation with the tanginess and great flavor from the marinade requiring no additional seasonings be added. And it takes mere minutes to prepare!
I would like to be remembered for this dish because, seafood and artichokes have always been of great importance in my family's cuisine, and I am delighted to have created such a simple, flavorful dish incorporating the two.
Enjoy! - Pamela's Kitchen
- 8 Large Scallops
- 1/2 pound Medium/Large Shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 2 cups Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Liquid Marinade from Artichoke Heart Jar
- 1 Sourdough Loaf
- Fill an oil separator with the marinade from the jar of artichoke hearts and separate until you have enough liquid to poach the large scallops. Be sure to catch all of the herbs with the liquid. Return the oil to the artichoke heart jar so the remaining hearts do not dry out.
- In a deep pan, heat the liquid until boiling. Turn down to medium heat and place the scallops and artichoke hearts in the pan. Poach for about 3 minutes, and turn over.
- Slice 8 pieces of bread off of your sourdough loaf, and toast until golden brown. Two pieces per person makes a perfect meal.
- While the sourdough is toasting, add the shrimp to the pan with the scallops and artichoke hearts, and cook until pink and still tender. Immediately remove from heat so shrimp do not overcook.
- Serve either on a plate, spooning the seafood and artichoke mixture over your crisp sourdough toast, or in a bowl with broth and the toasted bread on the side.
- *Though the marinade from the artichokes add abundant flavor, it would also be delicious to include mushrooms, top with some freshly grated parmesan and perhaps a slice of freshly picked lemon or even avocado!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For