If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Raising home grown chicken and needing to find a new way u to use up the extra chicken. ( not show quality ) —Caren
seasoning and browning chicken
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup paparika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fines herbs
- 1/4 cake margarine to brown chiken
- 8-12 pieces chicken legs and theighs
- Add all spices to flour and stir well. Dredge chicken in four and brown lightly. (Our chicken pieces are all skinned due to home processing) Skin on chicken will be a little different. set chicken pieces aside while browning the remainder.
gravy to simmer chicken in
- 16 ounces carton sour cream ( may use lite)
- 3 cups Cans of cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups white wine
- 2-3 cups milk
- Using part of the milk in the frying pan deglaze the pan to add to the other ingredients. Mix all ingredients in a large dutch oven. On top of stove bring to mix to a simmer. Add chicken pieces using legs first and thighs and breasts on top. Cover with pot lid. Simmer for 2-3 hours depending on the size of the chicken pieces. Meat may fall off bones. Remove chicken pieces to serving platter.If gravy is extra thick you may add milk to thin before putting in the dumplings.
- Using Bisquick mix make the dumplings. 1 cup bisquick mix and 2/3 cup milk stirred with a fork. Stir the gravy in the pan before dropping the dumplings. Drop about 1 tbls spoon size into gravy mix. Simmer 10 min with lid off and 10 minutes with lid on. makes about 6 -8 dumplings. May be doubled
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.