If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom tweaked this recipe from a Tupperware cookbook back in the late 70's. She made them at every holiday, every party and anytime I asked. We brought them to barbeque's and office parties, eventually they were requested along with our invite. Everyone would ask for the recipe but my mother chose to guard it with her life since her mother was a horrible cook and never passed anything special down to her. She wanted this (and a few other recipes) to be our family secret. Since I took my first grown up job at 23 I started a tradition of bringing deviled eggs for office potlucks. After moving to Maine I continued to bring my Mom's deviled eggs to every holiday, office party, and barbeque I was invited to. They are now requested by my friends and family along with my invite. - DomesticWit
Makes 16 halves
- 8 Hard boiled eggs
- 4 Slices Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon diced fresh parsley
- Remove egg yolks from whites and smash, leaving small chunks.
- Mix with remaining ingredients except the parsley, slowly adding the mayonnaise and mustard until you get a proper consistency. You can always add more if needed (but remember, you can never take it away, so be careful). Mixture should be smooth but not runny!
- Refill egg halves with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Bacon can be omitted to make them vegetarian. Use Smoked Paprika instead to add a bacon like flavor to the eggs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.