If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family loves cheesecake in pretty much any flavor. This recipe came about because I wanted to make some bar cookies and my son wanted something ”peanut butter”. I have to admit I think I’m finally rubbing off on him because when I asked if he wanted a chocolate layer on top, he said “how about a drizzle.” So here you have it, a peanut butter cookie layer, covered by a peanut butter cheesecake layer, with a drizzle of chocolate on top (and I doubled the crust recipe and made a few peanut butter cookies on the side). It is now my most requested item from family and friends. - simplycooking101
Makes 9 x 13 inch pan
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound butter (1 stick salted)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter until creamy, then add brown sugar beating until fluffy. Add peanut butter and mix, then add the egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Place dough into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, flattening to cover the entire surface.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until firm, but not fully baked. Remove the pan from the oven leaving the oven on at 350 degrees.
- 16 ounces softned cream cheese (2 8 oz pkgs)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate
- 1/2-1 cups peanuts
- While the crust is baking, mix cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and flour together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, then milk mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then turn the temperature to 250 and bake for 35-40 minutes longer. The top should be firm but not brown, with a little jiggle in the center (not much though). Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Prepare Chocolate Drizzle In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cream to just below boiling, about 1 minute. Add the chocolate and stir gently until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the top of the bars. Refrigerate for several hours to overnight, then sprinkle with peanuts and slice into squares (it is very rich but we still manage to eat pretty good sized squares).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
All you need for Memorial Day.
Cast your vote!
Mortar and pestle perfection.