If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Glass jars with pickle on the centre of the dining table back home(with my mother and grand mother) It was such a regular scene in most of the Kerala home and my home was no different. Ranging from Fish, meat, lemon, mango……… would be one on the dining table No meal would pass without a touch of a pickle
I would like to share this family recipe .You can do with fish, meat, ginger, garlic, mango ,gooseberry, carrot, cauliflower etc with the same masala
The combination of spices used to make the Masalas have remained a mystery, known only to mother and grandmothers. It has always been difficult to find that perfect blend, some combination's always go wrong. But now, you can assured that you will get the same old blend
- Lime 25 (Steam and slice sprinkle salt (I cup)and keep in sun for 3 days shake or toss daily)
- Ginger 4 tbsp sliced
- Garlic 4 tbsp slice
- Green chili 4 slit
- TO GRIND
- Chili powder 2 tbsp
- Garlic 2 tbsp
- Ginger 1 ‘’
- Mustard 1 tbsp
- Cumin ½ cup
- OTHER INGREDIENTS Vinegar 2 cups
- Sesame Oil ½ cup
- Sugar ½ cup
- Heat Sesame oil ,fry and remove sliced ingredients
- To the remaining oil ,add the ground ingredients
- Cook on very low flame till a good smell comes and oil separates About 10 to 15 minutes
- Add sugar ,cook for 5 minutes you will see all floating and color changing
- Off the flame when half cool toss in the fried ingredients and the lime with the juice.
- Leave it in a glass ball over night before bottle
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
Genius, explained at last.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Style with a breeze.