Author Notes: Really easy and delicious dish served on its own as a side, or on rice as a main. Can be as spicey as you like. - jwolfsthal
- 1 piece hard pressed tofu (can use extra firm)
- 3 long green hot peppers (anaheim will do)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- .25 cups chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon neutral vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground roasted szechuan peppercorns
- salt and pepper
- slice tofu into 1/8" inch slices, and then cross cut into very thin julienne sticks
- place tofu in bowl with chili oil, soy sauce and set aside for 15 minutes
- clean, deseed and slice peppers into small rings or strips
- add neutral oil to hot wok, add garlic and ginger for 1 minute or until just starting to brown.
- add in szechuan peppercorns for 30 seconds
- add in green pepper and tofu and cook, gently, for 2-3 minutes. Add S and P to taste.
- serve hot, at room temperature or cold. Stores well in fridge. Serve over rice as an entree.