If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Really easy and delicious dish served on its own as a side, or on rice as a main. Can be as spicey as you like. - jwolfsthal
- 1 piece hard pressed tofu (can use extra firm)
- 3 long green hot peppers (anaheim will do)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- .25 cups chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon neutral vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground roasted szechuan peppercorns
- salt and pepper
- slice tofu into 1/8" inch slices, and then cross cut into very thin julienne sticks
- place tofu in bowl with chili oil, soy sauce and set aside for 15 minutes
- clean, deseed and slice peppers into small rings or strips
- add neutral oil to hot wok, add garlic and ginger for 1 minute or until just starting to brown.
- add in szechuan peppercorns for 30 seconds
- add in green pepper and tofu and cook, gently, for 2-3 minutes. Add S and P to taste.
- serve hot, at room temperature or cold. Stores well in fridge. Serve over rice as an entree.