If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last summer I was thinking about all of those cookies with potato chips and stuff in them. I thought, well I think malt balls and pretzels would taste great in cookies. Thus were born, in my opinion, some of the best cookies ever. I posted them to my blog and random strangers also agree, some of the best cookies ever. I know the ingredients are weird and some hard to find but the malt powder and graham flour make a really special texture. The only trick with these cookies is that they burn really easily so check on them frequently. - OB Cookie
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 pound malt balls (such as Whopper's)
- 1 1/2 cups sourdough pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter (a stick and a half) room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup malt powder
- 3/4 cup graham flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In food processor, pulse pretzels and malt balls until bite sized. Alternatively, place in large ziplock bag and pound with rolling pin until bite sized.
- In medium bowl, combine malt, graham flour, oats, baking soda, salt and flour
- With mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars until fluffy, about 2 minutes
- Add eggs and vanilla to mixer, mix to combine.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture.
- Add malt balls and pretzels, stir to combine
- Using tablespoons, drop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake until barely brown (6-8 minutes). Cookies burn on bottom quickly so take em out fast!
- Allow to cool and transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.