If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is our family favorite... we usually serve it with riced potatoes, peas, ketchup or tomato chutney. —nykavi
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 coins ginger
- 4 green chillies, serrano or jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Wash and clean chicken thighs. Cut each thigh into 2 pieces.
- Put the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic ginger,green chillies( sliced), black pepper and cilantro in a blender and grind for 2 minutes until all the ingredients form a paste.
- Mix the chicken pieces and the green paste and marinate in a non- reactive dish for 6 to 8 hours. Ideally marinating the chicken overnight gets the best flavor.
- let the chicken come to room temperature before breading . Break the eggs in a shallow bowl and beat well. Dip the chicken pieces in egg and then coat with breadcrumbs. I usually finish breading all before I fry them
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, starting with 2 Tablespoons. Add the chicken to the hot oil taking care not to crowd the pan. Fry for 3 minutes on a medium flame till light brown. Flip and fry the other side too.
- The chops could be kept warm in a 275 degree oven for up to 15 minutes. But they are best served just after frying . We serve them with riced potatoes, peas and ketchup. Homemade tomato chutney is a popular side too.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.