Author Notes: This is our family favorite... we usually serve it with riced potatoes, peas, ketchup or tomato chutney. - nykavi
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 coins ginger
- 4 green chillies, serrano or jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Wash and clean chicken thighs. Cut each thigh into 2 pieces.
- Put the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic ginger,green chillies( sliced), black pepper and cilantro in a blender and grind for 2 minutes until all the ingredients form a paste.
- Mix the chicken pieces and the green paste and marinate in a non- reactive dish for 6 to 8 hours. Ideally marinating the chicken overnight gets the best flavor.
- let the chicken come to room temperature before breading . Break the eggs in a shallow bowl and beat well. Dip the chicken pieces in egg and then coat with breadcrumbs. I usually finish breading all before I fry them
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, starting with 2 Tablespoons. Add the chicken to the hot oil taking care not to crowd the pan. Fry for 3 minutes on a medium flame till light brown. Flip and fry the other side too.
- The chops could be kept warm in a 275 degree oven for up to 15 minutes. But they are best served just after frying . We serve them with riced potatoes, peas and ketchup. Homemade tomato chutney is a popular side too.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For