If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a lobster cake we encountered on our honeymoon. It is always requested at family events and are gone before you can say tarter sauce! The sauce is different from the ordinary as it contains the tomato component. Just the most delicious and non-complicated crab cake I have ever eaten! - chrissypt
Makes 18 - 1/4 cup sized cakes
Killer Crab Cakes
- 2 onions, finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, drained and patted dry
- 3 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- Juice of 1 ½ lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Tomato Tarter Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon small capers, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup minced dill pickles, patted dry
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Make the crab cakes first so that they have time to firm up in the fridge before you cook them
- Heat a 2 – count of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat
- Add the onion and garlic and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until carmelized
- Dump onion mixture into a bowl and fold in the crab, bread crumbs, tomato tarter sauce, egg white, lemon juice, and parsley mixing until just blended. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a ¼ cup to shape and make your cakes.( for appetizer size)
- Put them on a coved plate into the fridge
- To serve, heat a 3 –count of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for about 4 mins. Per side. Serve with tomato tarter sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, and tomato paste. Add the onion, capers, pickles, and salt and pepper, and whisk until blended.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For