If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I created when my daughter was studying in New Orleans. My girls love monkey bread and sweet potatoes so this was a wonderful match. It is yummy and truly shows my interest in cooking/baking foods that my family love. They did! - dmr301
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter,divided
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger, divided
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped, divided
- Heat milk in a saucepan on low with 2 tablespoons butter until it melts. Remove from heat, add 1 /3 C brown sugar and place milk mixture in a large mixing bowl to cool to about 120 degrees . Sprinkle yeast on top. To the sweet potatoes add salt, 1/2 tablespoon ginger, 1 tsp of the spice and add to the milk-yeast mixture. Stir with a large spoon.
- Add 2 Cups flour to bowl mixture and change to a large bread whisk. Mix in and continue to add flour in 1 /4 cup increments until dough forms a large ball. Place on floured surface and gently knead in a push away with heels of hands, fold top down rhythm for 6-8 minutes or until ball is satiny and a finger spot depressed springs back.
- Clean bowl. Melt the rest of the butter in a small bowl in microwave for 15-20 seconds.. Grease the bowl with a small pastry brush , place dough in bowl , grease the top of the dough, cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit 1 1/2 – 2 hours to double in bulk.
- Gently depress the dough and remove from bowl. Place on floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Divide the dough using a small sharp knife until you have 32 -1 inch size pieces. Grease the inside of a 10-12 cup large bundt type pan with the melted butter and pastry brush. Combine 2 tablespoons of the melted butter in a small bowl and add 1 /3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon ginger to make the glaze topping. Mix . Place in bottom of greased pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the pecans on top of the glaze. Combine the remaining brown sugar, spice and pecans in a small bowl. Place the rest of the melted butter in a second small bowl. Take each piece of dough and dip first into the butter and then into the nuts . Fill in pan evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden and done. Remove from oven and cover with a large platter. Flip pan over while still warm so the glaze will drip down the sides. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.