If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Waking up to the smell of country ham, bacon, fried potatoes, eggs, and homemade bisuits reminds me of my Grandmother Sally Ann Logan. Some of the best food I've ever eaten came from her modest kitchen. It was there where my love and passion for cooking, started. With the extra kick of habanero pepper, the sweetness of the honey and the country ham, sums me up simply as "Southern Honey and Spice"! I would love to be remembered as that. sw:) - Sherri Williams
Makes 12 mini biscuits
- 12 mini/tea frozen biscuits
- 6 ounces country ham, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 habanero pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 paprika, sweet mild
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place biscuits on lightly greased cookie sheet. Have sides touching each other. Cook for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. One minute before cooking is complete melt 1 tbsp butter, add paprika and italian season. Brush the tops of bisquits with the butter mixture, continue to cook the biscuits for one more minute. Remove biscuits from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in a heated large skillet, add ham slices and enough water to cover ham slices. Cook at medium heat until liquid has reduced in half. This should take about 4-5 minutes. Flip ham slices half way through. After liquid had reduced, remove ham and set or warming plate.
- Add chopped habanero pepper, mustard and honey to the pan sauce. Simmer on low heat for about 2 mintes. Set aside
- Whisk eggs, pepper and salt. In a medium size frying pan, add 2 tbsp of butter. Let melt, then add eggs. Cook eggs about 1 minute and flip and cook for an additional minute. Remove and cut into 12 equal pieces
- Slice biscuits in half. Layer equal parts of egg, honey mustard mixture, ham, honey mustard mixture and tops of biscuits.
- Serve with fresh fruit and veggies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For