Author Notes: When my husband and I were planning our wedding we decided to make everyone a collection of our favorite recipes as favors. This pancake recipe was the first one in the book. It is one of our favorites. I don't have any children yet but when I do I feel that this will be one tradition that they will keep and pass down for generations to come. - singing_baker
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted, plus more for griddle
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, heavy cream and melted butter until well incorporated.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Melt about a teaspoon into skillet and drop about a 1/4 cup batter onto it. When you see bubbles rising to the top flip and cook for about a minute more.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Keep cooked pancakes in oven until ready to serve to keep warm. Serve with maple syrup and extra butter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For