If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe in a magazine when I was a young teenager and have made it literally thousands of times since which tells you we either eat a lot of cake or I am over 21.
This recipe is so handy as you really don't need anything special in the house for it and it is great if your extended family has a variety of allergies.
I've multiplied by five, brought the ingredients camping, used the recipe to show a science class interactions of chemicals and made it into every shape imaginable.
My daughter is one and likely she will have this cake many times in her life. It even can be turned into a mean Blackforest cake with a bit of whipped cream and a can of cherry pie filling. - adventuresindinner
Serves at least 8
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add all wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Pour into a 9 inch cake pan or muffins tins or springform pan...
- Bake 350 for approx. 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For