Author Notes: Insanely easy and very good.
Amounts listed are for 2 people with leftovers - you can adjust up or down to your preferences. You can add other vegetables to this as well - cauliflower, green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots - the possibilities are endless. You also can change or omit the protein.
- Olive Oil for Sauteeing
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (fire roasted if on hand), drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water, halved
- 1 handful frozen edamame, optional
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (or fresh grated ginger to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can unsweetened coconut cream or milk
- 1 sm container of Greek Yogurt
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
- Saute onion and red peppers in olive oil until softened.
- Add chicken and cook through.
- Add spices and cook for 1 minute to bring out flavors,then add tomatoes and artichoke hearts, coconut cream/milk and edamame if using - heat through.
- When heated through add yogurt and mix to combine - do not boil or the sauce will break & look curdled. Serve with rice of your choice and top with plenty of chopped cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For