If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These tacos are your basic crunchy goodness. I serve them simply with lettuce, grated cheddar and Tabasco sauce. I like these with just a bit of beef, but you can use a bit more if you like beefier tacos. Just keep your oil hot so your tortilla gets crunchy. —NomNom
Makes 10 tacos
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Heat 1-2 inches oil in a skillet for deep-frying.
- Using a fork, smear 1 heaping tablespoon of ground beef onto 1/2 of tortilla. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- With tongs, hold the folded taco "seam" in hot oil for a few seconds to set, then let the taco fry on each side about a minute. The meat is thin, so it cooks quickly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.