If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted a healthy alternative to fried rice & this is what I came up with.It's Light, earthy, super nutritious & best of all it tastes great! Serve it as a side or make it a whole meal! —Lawrence III
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped, stems removed)
- 12 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- splashes braggs liquid aminos
- In a medium sauce pan cook 2 cups of quinoa with 4 cups of water untill water evaporates. Set aside
- In a large skillet at high to medium high add a splash of olive oil until shimmering.
- Add onion & carmelize 3-4 minutes.
- Add cilantro & wilt for 30 seconds
- add another splash of olive oil & coat the bottom of the pan. Add quinoa & cook for 5-6 minutes turning once.
- Transfer Quinoa to a serving dish & then add another splash of olive oil, coat the bottom of the pan & add Mushrooms.
- Cook mushrooms until fork tender & pour over the top of Quinoa mixture.
- Add Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.