If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is for me the perfect way to celebrate fresh asparagus, and start a day off.
About scrambling eggs with chicken broth, I read in a French cookbook.
Try this. You will see how much it changes the texture of the eggs to a smoother and fluffier then with milk or cream.
For a company double or triple the ingredients. - Kukla
Food52 Review: Chicken broth and scrambled eggs may sound like an unlikely pairing, but the result is quite tasty. In lieu of the typical splash of milk or cream for scrambled eggs, Kukla substitutes chicken broth, which adds a rich flavor to the eggs while keeping the curds fluffy and moist. This simple, satisfying dish can be served any number of ways, try switching it up by adding in some of your other favorite spring veggies. And for those who want to keep it vegetarian, vegetable broth is an easy switch. - Annie "Smalls" —Annie "Smalls"
- • 6 large eggs
- • ½ cup chicken broth
- • 6 asparagus spears
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- • 1 medium shallot (diced)
- • Salt& pepper
- • ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- • 1 tablespoon fresh herbs of your choice (chopped)
- Directions: Wash asparagus and break off tough ends; cut in ½-inch slices. Dry with paper towels. Heat oil and butter in a large sautéing pan over medium flame; add the shallot. Sautee for a few minutes until translucent, and then add asparagus, salt and pepper. Lower the flame, and continue cooking until asparagus is soften but not falling apart (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile beat eggs with chicken broth, add salt, pepper and nutmeg. When the shallot and asparagus are done, slowly mix in the egg mixture. Cook to your desired doneness. 9. Serve family style or individually on a toast, sprinkle with chopped herbs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
The local's guide to Oakland
The local's guide to Oakland.
Celebrate Canada Day with snacks.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.