If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To make soft scrambled eggs here is my advice. Get yourself the freshest eggs possible. These are 2 days old, so they are not even close to being ready for a hard boil. Also add a little milk and mayonnaise; I do not remember when or how I first learned to add mayonnaise, but it enriches the flavor and ensures moistness....even with supermarket eggs. You won't need to use half and half or cream with the mayo: milk works really well. I am partial to our local "Art's eggs." Each month he has a new art label (featured in the photos- Rousseau and Amercaucana Gothic). It is of course an added bonus to know the personality and names of your happy hens. - Sagegreen
- 4 happy, farm fresh eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon real mayonnaise, best quality
- 1 tablespoon whole milk, (goat or cow)
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- dash of Maldon salt flakes or sea salt
- two turns of fresh milled mixed peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
- small handful of torn cilantro leaves (or Italian parsley if you prefer)
- finishing dash of sweet paprika or Aleppo pepper
- Gently whisk eggs with mayonnaise and milk until smoothly blended. Add the salt and ground peppercorns.
- Heat butter in the frying pan. Then slowly pour in the egg mixture. Using a fork, gently fluff the eggs.
- As soon as they are scrambled, transfer to warmed plates. Season with a little more salt and pepper if needed . Garnish with the fresh chives and cilantro leaves. Finish with a sprinkle of either sweet paprika or Aleppo pepper. Serve while still warm so you can savor each bite. And don't be one bit afraid of the mayo-you will not taste it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.