If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been serving this recipe for 20 years at my food shop, this is the most requested salad I make, I love it also —[email protected]
Makes enough for 10 persons or as a salad to bring to a party
- 2 pounds long thin rice noodles
- 8 limes, shaved rind and juice
- 5 pounds squid cleaned head and bodies
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1 bulb garlic chopped fine
- 1/2 cup grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- cut up bodies into circles leave head whole just make sure you have sqeezed out the round ball at base of head. Boil 12 cups water, lightly rolling boil, add squid cook till color changes only about 8 minutes, do not overcook as squid is 90% water and will start to dissinegrate
- Boil 12 cups of water cook rice noodles till soft, sometimes I cook squid and noodles together, to save time, since they take about the same time to cook.
- mis the rest of ingrediants together in bowl and toss with the squid and rice noodles, the only way to really do this is with your hands
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).