If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spatial reasoning has never been my forte. I was reminded of this after asking my husband to peel a few beets for a cake that was making a return appearance for dessert. I needed two cups of shredded beets but my guesstimation yielded something closer to four.
Confronted with this unexpected abundance, I decided to add the last three beets I had planned on roasting. Turned out to be one of my better mistakes. In less than 10 minutes, I had a terrific beet dish on the table. —jwlucas
- 1 bunch beets, trimmed and peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Using a vegetable peeler, clean beets then coarsely shred in processor or by hand.
- Warm 2 tbsp. walnut oil in skillet over medium heat. Add shredded beets and salt lightly. Cook for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Add chopped walnuts and stir though. Add salt, if needed, and drizzle of walnut oil to garnish before serving.
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.