If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Its one of the Best and most simplest of Tofu burger recipes. Filled with protein and wholegrain goodness, its also low fat and nutritious. Lip smacking good! Its naturally Vegan and can be easily made Gluten Free too.Link : http://chefinyou.com/2011/05/tofu-burger/ —DhiviK
- 1 onion
- 6-1/2 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 11 ounces hard tofu
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 3-4 tablespoons cilantro/basil
- 6-1/2 ounces wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chilli garlic sauce
- 5 ounces wholegrain bread crumbs extra
- 6 wholegrain bread rolls
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves/arugula
- In a pan, heat about a tsp of olive oil and sauce the onions until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3-4 minutes and cool slightly.
- In a food processor, blend 250 gms (8 oz) of the tofu with garlic and cilantro. Or you can use basil
- Blend until smooth. Transfer this to a bowl and add in the mushroom mixture, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, vinegar and chilli sauce. Grate the remaining tofu and add it to this mixture. Mix and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Divide to 6 patties and coat them with bread crumbs. fry them on both sides in Olive oil until golden.
- Assemble them into rolls that are spread with Mayo, some sun dried tomatoes in oil, spinach/Arugula and serve with chilli sauce.
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.