Author Notes: I know, I know, I preach eating locally and seasonally. Yesterday, amongst co workers we shared our love for the caprese. Today when I stopped by Eataly and saw the freshly made mozzarella, it was all over. Thankfully for times like these, we do live in America and tomatoes are in season somewhere else! So I picked up some freshly made mozzarella, a few heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil. It is one of the easiest and most delicious things you could possibly make. Everyone loves it and it can be made a handful of different ways.
- Nicole Franzen
- 1 pound of heirloom tomatoes
- 1 container of fresh mozzeralla
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Make it anyway you like. Stack it, fan it or chop it. Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into even slices. Add fresh basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divine. Simplicity at it finest ladies and gentleman. That being said the ingredients need to be fresh, especially the tomatoes! Crappy tomatoes equal crappy caprese.