If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a fusion of many versions of grilled octopus I have had over the years and I finally decided to create one of my own. - christo
- 5 pounds octopus
- wash octopus
- place octopus in a pot with stock, onions, garlic, finely ground oregano salt & pepper, and a shot of vermouth set the dial to "low" and let it cook for oh I dont know - 3 hours or so
- Completely reduced in size, firmed up yet incredibly tender I let it sit in the ice box over night in the poaching liquid.
- Portioned out and put on skewers with a little extra oregano sprinkled on to create more smokiness and a spritz of olive oil to help it along the octopus is now ready for the grill.
- Flashed on a hot grill enough to warm it through and impart a nice smoky flavor from both the coals and the smoldering oregano I plated it up with a little garlic chile sauce, some extra virgin olive oil, course grain sea salt, some lemon wedges and bread that was spread with olive oil and also toasted on the grill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.