If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe I made many times with fish filets, and when I tried with calamari it came out even better. The baby squid (calamari) meat is tender and sweet, and the sautéed leeks with garlic and butter protect them from overcooking. You can also stuff this mixture inside the calamari. - Kukla
- • 3 large baking potatoes
- • 6 tablespoons of butter melted
- • 8 baby squid bodies (calamari) cleaned
- • 4 tablespoons thyme leaves plus 4 whole sprigs
- • 4 small leeks or 2 large, white part only cut in thin rings and thoroughly washed
- • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- • Salt and pepper
- • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- • 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- Bake the potatoes until almost done, peel while steal worm, and cut into thin slices. Set aside.
- Sauté leeks and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter until soften.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush a 12 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish with some of the melted butter.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of the potatoes and sprinkle them with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the thyme leaves.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of butter, and then spread the leek and garlic mixture.
- Arrange calamari in a single layer on top of the leek and garlic mixture. Sprinkle calamari with salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tablespoon of the thyme, and lemon juice; then top with the remaining leek and garlic mixture.
- Cover with the remaining potato slices; add salt and pepper, thyme and butter.
- Bake uncovered until the potatoes are cooked through and are golden brown, about 30 minutes
- Serve hot. Use a wide spatula to lift from the baking dish to individual dinner plates. Garnish with a sprig of thyme and a lemon wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe