Author Notes: This is a dish that I have made several times especially when there is an abundance of fresh peas at the vegetable stand around the corner.
I don't have a specific pea pesto recipe, but I start off with one that I saved from Giada de Laurentis a few years back and of course changed a few things like blanching fresh peas instead of using frozen, adding fresh basil as well as the suggested mint.
The ingredient list for the most part will be Giada's with my changes noted. If you have a favorite pesto recipe, think about adding peas. - ibbeachnana
Serves 2 for a dinner serving
- 10 ounces thawed frozen peas, I used fresh blanched peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup mint (equal parts basil + mint)
- Salt to taste
- Black or white pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup olive oil, I added part EVOO
- *Pine nuts are optional, I added a few to the pesto before pulsing the ingredients and adding the oil
- Process/pulse all of the pesto ingredients except the oil in a food processor until blended and slowly drizzle the olive oil in until you get the thickness of a pesto that you like. Can be made ahead, cover refrigerate until ready to use, bring to room temperature, serve over your favorite hot pasta, with a final grate of cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe