If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Asparagus and Hollandaise is a match made in heaven. I always made my Hollandaise with butter and egg and lemon but decided one day to try a variation on the tried and true. Instead of the butter I added mascarpone and discovered it is a wonderful way to switch it up a bit. The mascarpone is thick and creamy and there is no danger of it breaking like butter. Its kind of a lazy mans (or woman's) hollandaise. Its wonderful on cold or hot asparagus or other vegetables. — sdebrango —sdebrango
Food52 Review: A classic with a twist. Simple roasted asparagus served with a surprisingly easy to make mascarpone hollandaise. The hollandaise whipped up super fast in the blender and had a great lemony flavor. You could almost pass it off as a classic hollandaise! - jvcooks —jvcooks
- 2 bunches Asparagus (If a large bunch just use 1)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- black pepper
- 4 ounces Mascarpone
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and prepare your asparagus, breaking off the ends to remove the woody part. Pat dry with paper towel. Lay your asparagus on the baking sheet not overlapping single file. Drizzle with olive oil and add your salt and pepper. Roll to make sure the olive oil, salt and pepper are covering your asparagus. Bake in your preheated oven for 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender but not mushy.
- To make the Hollandaise, add two egg yolks to your blender, add the lemon juice and give it a whirl. Add the mascarpone, salt pepper and lemon zest and blend until incorporated. It will be thick but should be of pourable consistency. You can adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Pour the sauce over the warm asparagus and serve.
- I make the Mascarpone Hollandaise the day before I am going to be serving it as it sits in the refrigerator it becomes more intensely lemony.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.