If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pea shoots are the perfect starting point for a salad that absolutely celebrates spring. Fava beans, radishes, avocado and almonds give depth, texture and contrast to this bright salad. - theyearinfood
- 4 ounces pea shoots (not to be confused with pea sprouts)
- 1 pound fava beans, shelled
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- salt + freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Blanch the favas for no more than two minutes. Place them in an ice bath. When cool, remove the inner shell by either popping the bean out with your fingers or using a paring knife. Set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil and Balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the pea shoots, radishes and slivered almonds with the dressing. Divide salad among four plates. Top each plate with a quarter of the fava beans and a quarter of the avocado. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe