If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the sweetness on the peas and I love when they are in season during spring time. This is one of my favorite recipes to make. The heat of the curry offsets the sweetness on the peas. (During winter time I like to use frozen peas to make this recipe) - adamnsvetcooking - adamnsvetcooking
Food52 Review: These peas are a very nice combo of warm spices and fresh, bright herbs all on a background of tender, sweet peas. The dish balances the ginger and curry with the mint and cilantro nicely. The recipe is quick, easy, and tasty. I was quite happy to curl up with a bowl of rice topped with these peas. - biffbourgeois - Stephanie Bourgeois
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound Sweet peas
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small to medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-2 tablespoons minced mint
- 1-2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For this recipe you want to use a large skillet so the peas form a one layer. Coat the bottom of the skillet with the vegetable oil. On a medium to high heat heat the oil. Add the whole mustard seeds. Cook until the seeds start to jump. Add the ginger, cook until softened. Add the onions and the garlic. Cook until softened. Add the peas. Add the curry powder, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the peas are cooked though. Add the cilantro and mint. Serve!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe