If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What could be better than lobster and artichokes? This is a great way to stretch a little lobster so everybody gets a taste. This could be a great dish for appetizers or a main course. I like to parboil the artichokes because they are much easier to take the leaves off than raw. You can use the water twice to cook the vegetables and the lobster, reducing the amount of pans used. —OB Cookie
Makes 4 artichokes
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces cooked lobster diced, or one medium lobster tail
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4 medium artichokes
- 2 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In sauté pan over medium high heat, melt butter
- Cook leeks and shallot until soft, about 5 minutes. Let cool
- In small mixing bowl mix mayo, cream, juice of one lemon, herbs, salt, pepper, ½ cup breadcrumbs, and cooked vegetables.
- In large pot of salted boiling water with a lemon cut in half, parboil artichokes for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and run under cold water
- Remove leaves with hands and then remove the heart with a spoon. (If you do not have pre-cooked lobster then cook the lobster in the same boiling water for 1 ½ -2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove lobster from shell and finely chop and place in mayo mixture.)
- Cut the bottoms of artichokes so they lie flat
- Place as much filling as possible in each artichoke and top with breadcrumbs
- Place in loaf pan or other deep baking dish, place ¼ cup water in the bottom of dish and cover with foil
- Cook for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 10 until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.