If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 small butternut squash, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- coarse kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- coarsely ground black pepper
- Using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler, slice the butternut squash halves crosswise into thin strips (they should be thin enough to bend into a "u" shape). You will need 6 cups.
- Spread the strips on two baking sheets. Sprinkle with the sugar and season generously with salt. Let sit for at least 20 minutes. Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle the squash strips and garlic cloves with olive oil, just enough to dress the strips. Toss to coat both sides. Bake until the edges begin to curl (some should brown lightly) and the strips are just barely cooked through (a little crunch is good), 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Gather up the squash strips and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the vinegar, thyme and pepper. Toss lightly. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more oil, vinegar and salt as needed.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.