If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have fond memories of my grandmother preparing this salad for me when I was a child. The fragrant chopped parsley and fresh squeezed lemons filled the kitchen with the smell of Spring. My mother has now added zesty Feta, which is the perfect ingredient to finish off this Spring salad. Delicious, full of vitamins and antioxidents, it is a staple in my home all Spring and Summer long. I sometimes marinate a chicken breast in lemon, olive oil and garlic, throw it on the grill and top the salad with it making a perfect meal. - Pamela's Kitchen
- 2 bunches Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Green Onions chopped
- 1 Large Tomato cubed
- 1 Cucumber cubed
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Feta Crumbles
- 1 cup Bulgur
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 sprig Fresh Mint finely chopped (about 8 large leaves)
- Place bulgur in a bowl which can be sealed ~ a small sauce pan or dish sealed with aluminum foil work well. Boil water and pour over bulgur, cover and let stand for 30 - 45 minutes until water is completely absorbed. Fluff with fork when done.
- While bulgur is "cooking", place parsley in strainer and submerge in a bowl of cold water. Soak at least five minutes and rinse well to get rid of all hidden dirt.
- Discard the parsley stems, and finely chop parsley, green onions and mint. Place in bowl large enough to toss salad.
- Cube one large fresh tomato and one large cucumber and place in bowl with parsley and onion.
- Juice enough lemons to get at least 1/2 Cup of juice. Add equal amount of Olive Oil and mix.
- Add the bulgur and Feta to veg mix, pour lemon and olive oil over fresh vegetables and mix well. Taste and add more olive oil if too tart.
- It is best to let the salad sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to allow the vegetables and bulgur to absorb the lemon and olive oil. Transfer to your favorite serving dish and serve! Or just keep in the fridge and keep as a healthy, filling snack throughout the day :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe