If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pizza was born from a pizza showdown. Or a throwdown (minus Bobby Flay). After weeks of back and forth email taunts, my friends and I gathered for a 'food fight' and whipped out some amazing, delicious pizzas. My fresh, bright, flavorful (yet simple) shaved asparagus pizza, with a fresh arugula salad on top, won the contest! (see more about the showdown: http://lovesfoodlovestoeat.blogspot.com/2011/04/food-fight-pizza-showdown.html)
- Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes 1 medium sized pizza
- Your favorite pizza dough
- 1 bunch asparagus, shaved lengthwise with a vegetable peeler (try it, its fun!)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Pine nuts
- ½ -2 cups grated fontina
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Shaved parmesan
- A large bowl full of fresh arugula tossed with fresh lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, a splash of vinegar, and salt and pepper—to taste
- Preheat oven according to dough instructions. Prepare your dough according to directions, stretch it, and lay it on a pizza peel or pan coated with cornmeal. Bush a light amount of olive oil on the dough, sprinkle on garlic and sea salt.
- Top with grated fontina and parm, and a hearty amount of asparagus, you really want to mound the asparagus on, because it will baked down. Sprinkle on pinenuts.
- Bake pizza according to directions for the dough—the bottom should be slightly crispy and golden, and the asparagus should be just browning around the loose edges. Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer to a cutting board.
- Before serving, top with arugula and shaved parm, and another spritz of lemon if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe