If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i actually dreamed about making this recipe..wanted to satisfy the italian/irish taste buds of our blended family
be sure to use mandolin for thin slices of potato
this recipe is celiac friendly - susan rosati
- 1-2 splash olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach leaves/fresh asparagus tips
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- pinches salt and pepper to taste
- saute onion and garlic in oil until light brown and caramelized addtomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes add wine,basil,oregano simmer on low until time for topping potato and cheese layers
- drain sliced potato on paper towels heat oil in 10 in fry pan when hot enough add potato in one layer(end to end)sprinkle with salt and pepper after brown on one side drain potatoes on towels again continuing to brown all slices on one side and draining sprinkle with grated parm
- beat eggs,stir in chopped parsley,and stir in ricotta like lasagne,place first layer of potatoes into 9x13 glass bake
- top layer with several spoons of cheese mixture spreading to cover then top with fresh baby spinach leaves/asparagus tips sprinkle with mozzarella
- repeat steps and cover with final potato layer-sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and some grated parm-top with tomato onion sauce-bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly allow to rest 10 minutes before cutting to serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe