Author Notes: I shave almost all vegetables, I have no idea why but I love the pasta like consistency and twirling them onto my fork. Shaving asparagus is equal to peeling garlic or shrimp or husking corn in my mind as far as tedious kitchen chores are concerned but hang in there, it’s worth it. Obviously, larger asparagus produce a better result.
- Summer of Eggplant
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed and shaved
- 1.5 ounces parmesan, shaved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and shave it with a paring knife.
- Shave parmesan with paring knife in to ribbons.
- Heat oil in a pan add asparagus, saute for a minute and add in 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 parsley, salt and pepper.
- Saute for another minute, remove from heat and toss with cheese and dress with remaining lemon juice and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe