If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I shave almost all vegetables, I have no idea why but I love the pasta like consistency and twirling them onto my fork. Shaving asparagus is equal to peeling garlic or shrimp or husking corn in my mind as far as tedious kitchen chores are concerned but hang in there, it’s worth it. Obviously, larger asparagus produce a better result.
—Summer of Eggplant
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed and shaved
- 2 ounces parmesan, shaved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and shave it with a vegetable peeler.
- Shave parmesan with a vegetable peeler in to ribbons.
- Heat oil in a pan add asparagus, saute for a minute and add in 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 parsley, salt and pepper.
- Saute for another minute, remove from heat and toss with cheese and dress with remaining lemon juice and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.