If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great for the grill or the oven, the spring vidalias are perfect with a grilled steak, seasoned and wrapped onions, one for each person, a nice change from sauteed or grilled onions. —ibbeachnana
- 4 medium young vidalia onions
- 4 pats of butter
- Beef instant bouillon and seasoning
- Porcini salt
- chopped green tops of onions for garnish
- pepper to taste
- The vidalias don't have the papery skin to remove. Even out the root end so that the onion will sit flat, trim the stem about 1/4 in below the green tops, reserve some of the green to chop for garnish.
- I used the small end of a melon baller to remove a core of the onion and added about 1/8th teaspoon bouillon seasoning in the cavity followed by a little pat of butter and sprinkles of porcini salt and a little pepper, topping with a bit of the chopped green tops.
- Wrap each onion in foil and close tightly, grill or roast for 25 minutes. Serve one onion per person as a side to grilled steak.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.