If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love to cook and my wife is a cheese head and loves Mac and Cheese, so I am always looking for and coming up with new ways to prepare it for her. This is one of her favorite because of the combination of the different cheeses, sour cream, and egg makes it creamy but rich! - bnorwood09
- 1.5 pounds Penne or Other Spiral Pasta
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- .5-1 bunches asparagus
- 1/4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 3 pieces Garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 10 ounces Goat Cheese or Munster Cheese shredded 1.5 cups
- 6 ounces Sharp Cheddar or Sharp White Cheddar shredded 1.5 cups
- 10 ounces Munster or Goat Cheese
- 1 cup Packed freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream, or light Sour Cream (not Far Free)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- Salt and Fresh black pepper to tast
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Also butter or coat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water just untill al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- In a large saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer with the onion and garlic and asparagus.
- Take 1 cup of the cream to a bowl and whisk in the flour; return the mixture to the saucepan. Whisk over moderate heat until thickened, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat
- Stir in the goat/munster cheese, cheddar and half of the Parmigiano until melted. Slowly incorporate the sour cream, parsley, thyme and salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 cup of the sauce with the egg yolks, then stir the mixture into the saucepan.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to incorporate. Pour/Spread the pasta in the cast-iron skillet and top with the remaining Parmigiano. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until the Mac and Cheese is bubbling and golden. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!