If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe from a pasta sauce that's called Tort Rose from a restaurant in Hartford CT. The original doesn't include red pepper or fresh herbs and I think that the red pepper goes very well with the cream and the sausage. I also used some of my homemade pasta sauce but you could probably use store bought sauce or even plain canned tomato sauce that the original recipe called for. —Dee Cayer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 links sweet italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream
- spaghetti sauce or plain tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound cooked pasta
- Remove sausage from casings and saute in large frying pan breaking meat up as it cooks. Remove sausage from pan reserving liquid. Add olive oil to pan. Saute onion, red pepper and garlic in pan until soft. Add fresh parsley. Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add sausage back to pan. Stir in heavy cream and stirring constantly bring to a boil. Lower heat and reduce sauce by one third. Gradually add in spaghetti or tomato sauce to pot. You want sauce to be a pale red color. You will probably end up adding a cup to a cup and a half. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired. Add fresh basil to pan. Finish sauce by stirring in the grated Parmesan. I found this works well if you add your hot cooked pasta directly to the sauce pan. Would probably work well with cheese ravioli or tortellini also.
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.